It is hard to believe that in a few short days we will have been re-opened for 2 months. As we try to bring a sense of routine to our students, athletes, and parents as the continued uncertainty of exactly how and when school will begin, we would like to just add a few updates and reminders as classes and practices at Top Flight continue.
While adhering to social distancing recommendations, we ask that you strictly follow the below procedures.
- All adults entering the facility must wear a face covering at all times.
- Only one accompanying adult may stay in the facility to observe class/practice.
- Siblings are not permitted to stay in the facility to watch class/practice. An infant sibling in a car seat or being held by a parent may accompany the parent.
- Student/athletes 6-years and older must wear a face covering when entering and exiting the building. Student/athletes are not required to wear a face covering during activity but are permitted to wear one if desired.
- Please do not arrive more than 5-minutes prior to the start of class, you may enter the building to check-in but please stand on the designated spaces to ensure social distancing.
- If your child is in a multi-day program or on a team, please consider viewing only one day per week to minimize the load on our viewing areas. These were not designed with social distancing in mind and capacity is severely limited. We will be monitoring this now that all school age programs are scheduled for the afternoon hours.
- As of Monday, August 10 Preschool Gymnastics is now in Phase 3 of our reopening plan. This phase will now allow for our Panda Bears 4 – 5.5 and Ninja Bears to be independent again starting immediately! Just as a reminder, our KinderKids and Invite classes already transitioned to parent-free.
- Also, starting next week, August 17 – 22, our Panda Bears 3 – 4.5 will be parent-optional in our daytime classes only. To clarify, if your class starts at or before 2:00 pm, you can choose to send your child on the floor with a parent or not. Daytime allows a little more flexibility as there are fewer classes and people during the day.
In our efforts to be fully compliant with Gov. Beshear, he issued this emergency regulation, we are now asking that staff and customers help us go further in our layers of protection. If you have traveled to a known hot spot, before returning to the gym, we ask that you either self-quarantine from the gym for two weeks or get tested no sooner than 7 days after returning home showing a negative result. Hot spots states are currently listed as:
- Idaho – Texas
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
We realize there is no formal travel ban in existence as before re-opening but, just as you wear a mask out of your consideration and love for your fellow man, Top Flight has chosen to observe these guidelines to help control the spread of COVID-19 if you have traveled.
Our recreation class students will be allowed to schedule needed make-up classes for the time they are out of the gym. All make-up classes must be scheduled through the front desk, we will also be adding some additional class times just for make-ups.
In addition to the travel restrictions, Top Flight is now requiring any student 6 years old or older to wear a face covering upon entering and leaving the building. Masks are still not required during activity.
The health and safety of our students is our number one concern. Here are many of the things we are doing as we reopen:
- Reducing student to teacher ratios; preschool classes will be 4:1, school age classes and competitive teams practices will be 6:1.
- Top Flight will uphold the new student to square footage ratio mentioned in our state’s Action Plan. We are scheduling for no more than 4 students per 1,000 square feet.
- We are organizing classes and lesson plans to maintain 6’ of physical separation.
- There will be no hands-on spotting during our first and second phase.
- Children will maintain their own training spaces, no waiting in lines. Velcro floor markers will be provided for establishing distancing.
- Class start and end times will be staggered to ensure time for the students and parents to get in and out of the gym safely, to provide time to clean high touch areas and equipment between classes and for teachers to wash their hands.
- All visitors, school-age and preschools students will enter the building via the front door. At the front door the staff will take each persons temperature entering the building with a touchless thermometer.
- Only one parent or non-participating individual will be allowed to enter the building with their child. Parents and staff are required to wear masks upon entering the building and during classes.
- When exiting the building, staff members will line students up using floor markers for distancing. Hand sanitizer will be distributed upon their departure and children will exit the building one at a time via the staff door leading into the parking lot.
- New waiting area viewing procedures for distancing will be introduced.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be installed in all areas of the facility. Students and staff will be required to use these when moving from one area to the next.
- Top Flight staff will be assigned to athlete check in/check out, frequently sanitizing common areas with EPA registered cleaners on all entry touch points prior to and after each class. Staff will be cleaning gym surfaces between all classes.
- All students will be required to bring in their own labeled water bottles. Designated staff will sanitize that area for the next class prior to use.
- All competitive team students will bring their own backpacks (to be used as personal lockers). A list of items needed will be sent out to all team members. These will be carried with them as they rotate to each event.
- Our restrooms are now completely touchless. Automatic toilets, faucets, soap dispensers and hand towel dispensers have been installed and restroom usage will be monitored with no more than 2 people permitted at the same time.
- The drinking fountain will be closed and all cubby and locker usage will be suspended. If a parent will not be staying during class to hold on to shoes, jackets, etc., children should bring a backpack to store these items.
If you have questions or concerns, the quickest way to get a response would be to email the gym at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Don’t forget to keep watching for Top Flight Gymnastics email blasts, website updates and Facebook posts. If you are currently enrolled in classes, please log on to your Parent Portal account and “Opt in” to email blasts. This will allow all information being sent out via email to reach your inbox in a more timely manner. Thank you for your help.
- Top Flight Gymnastics Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TopFlightGymnastics/
- Top Flight Gymnastics Instagram Page: https://instagram.com/tfgym
- Arnold Martial Arts Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Arnold-Martial-Arts-137732982961127/
- Arnold Martial Arts Youtube Channel: https://youtu.be/LcX5qWQIoiU